Wednesday, July 13, 2016

The Blazing Soul


A desire to do more or be more in life can be analogous to a fire. It is a powerful, driving force. Although fire can be destructive, it also clears a path for new growth. Is it safe to give in to this passion, the excitement of the glowing possibilities? I will fan the flames of my heart, eager to see what it ignites.

The Blazing Soul

There's a fire blazing in my soul.
A hungry, burning sensation,
Crackling, flaming.
Not an ember but a roaring full force fire.

What is this?
Should I snuff it out or
Pour more fuel to feed it?

Should it be controlled?
Let its power grow large?

A fire has its majesty.
It can be cleansing and terrifying all at once.

Beautiful, hot, raw energy.

Yes, let my soul burn,
Forging new paths,
Preparing unexpected pleasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment