Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Beautiful Daffodils


Winter here in California is wet and cold. No, not a brutal cold like in other states but I am a winter wimp and long for warmer seasons. Thankfully, spring is just around the corner! I finger my sundresses and sandals in anticipation of what is yet to come.

The following poem I wrote when inspired by daffodils I saw in a vase.


With seasons changing
Cold weather to warm,
Birds are chirping, bees are buzzing,
And daffodils raise their heads.

Oh, beautiful daffodil!
You have so much to teach us.
With your bright yellow color
And ruffled collar,
We learn to be playful with cheer.

Your golden petals reach out in joy,
A show of pride and peace.
Like spears of sunshine on stalks of green,
You exemplify strength and passion.

Oh, beautiful daffodil!
Let me one day be as you are,
Hopeful, magnificent, glorious!

No comments:

Post a Comment