Friday, March 4, 2016

I Feel Like a Tea Bag

I've taken up writing on a regular basis because of a writers group I participate in through the Cancer Support Community. My husband has cancer and we were looking for a support organization to help us along this journey. We found the CSC and we couldn't be happier - such a wonderful wealth of resources, workshops, and new friends in the same boat. In the writers group, we are given prompts to stir up our stories, reflections, or whatever comes to mind. This first one was inspired by a cup of tea I was drinking during the class.



I feel like a tea bag.

Sometimes hot, sometimes cold.
Sometimes bitter, sometimes sweet.

I can burn you, I can soothe you.
I can energize you, I can help you to sleep.

As on a string, I bob along,
Dancing in steaming water,
Trying to do my job,
Trying not to be spat out.

Take comfort in me.
Let me flow through you.
I am here for you when you need me.

Today is a good day for tea...

     For me.

No comments:

Post a Comment