Saturday, March 5, 2016

Spray Paint Whatever Doesn't Move!

     My hardware store was having a moving sale. Wanting to help the local economy, I went nuts in the paint department! Spray paint adds an impressive impact to just about anything. Grab your favorite color, a pair of plastic gloves, painters tape, a drop cloth or box to catch the over spray, and your object of desire. Here are examples of what I've done so far:

    A plastic dollar store skull and some seashells went from plain to pizzazz! I hot glued some artificial flowers onto the spray painted skull for a Dia de los Muertos celebration.

All those plain glass vases hiding in cabinets are now gleaming eye candy!











Pinecones anyone? Nature never looked so good!


With wood slices, I used painters tape to mask the bark where I didn't want the spray paint to show. I used black chalkboard paint to spray the tops of the slices.




Tah Dah!

I used a gel medium called molding paste to stencil a design on top of one piece of wood.


On this piece, I've hand written a quote with a gold paint pen. 


PROJECT TIP! Wear gloves, long ones if you can, or long sleeves. Uh, I did not have full protection, as you can see. It took a long time to scrap the paint off of my poor skin. ow.



Oh what fun, oh what next? Picture frames, plastic patio chairs, plant pots, lamp bases...yeeehaaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment