Wednesday, April 6, 2016

I Know Her

Oftentimes we forget to check-in with that one person that has been with us the longest, ourselves. We may ignore that small, gentle voice who reminds us to get enough sleep, eat regularly, be nice at all times. That screaming inner speaker that warns us against dangerous situations or decisions. Listen up! You are your own best friend, through thick and thin. Be there for you...and be nice.




Who will be my cheerleader,
My constant companion,
The one who knows me best?

Who can tear me down,
Criticize, belittle, and berate me in an instant,
And is first to console, cajole, and care in the next?

Who thinks I am the wittiest, the most fabulous,
The fairest, the most correct,
The really kindest?

Who knows when I'm lying through my teeth
But understands the need to hide the truth at times?

I pause to look in a mirror.
I know her.





It is me.


No comments:

Post a Comment