Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Cancer Sucks, So I'm Walking



As you may or may not know, my husband Steve has been heroically battling various cancers for many years. This time, it's the esophagus and liver that are the foes. 


Handsome in Hawaii - 2005
We have found a refuge at the Cancer Support Community in Walnut Creek. I wish we had found it sooner! Steve and I have made new friends in a like situation, we've taken workshops, and found peace through their support groups. If you, or someone you know who has cancer or is/was a patient caregiver, check out what the CSC has to offer.

I have decided to "give back" to the CSC by participating in an upcoming event on May 21st - Hope Walk for Cancer  - to raise money for the center. Every $500 raised supports programs for 1 cancer patient or caregiver for a year. 

Although I am not typically one to ask for help, this cause is very dear to me, and I'll appreciate all the support I can get! Please consider looking at the link above and adding a donation.
Our 15th wedding anniversary - 2015
Together we can make a difference because, cancer sucks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment