Wednesday, March 30, 2016

For My Daughter


My daughter, Sarah, is now a manager working for our local In-N-Out restaurant. She was chosen to spend 6 weeks helping to train employees and open a new restaurant near Monterey, California. This is the first time she has been away from home.  She is beautiful inside and out and will undoubtedly go far in her career whether it be ruling over burger staff or running a corporation. 

It is hard when a "bird leaves the nest", even if temporarily, but this is a great opportunity and I am so proud of her! 


My daughter. My darling.

As you leave today
For adventures beyond,
I find myself weeping 
With tears of two sorts.

One is for joy
As I realize you are all grown up
And the world is yours to explore.

The second are tears of sorrow
because you are all grown up
and no longer mine.

I open my arms to let you go free
But hold you close in my heart
And there you shall stay.

Go on, introduce yourself to the world,
Sail the seas, 
Ride the winds,
Climb every mountain,
Sing in foreign notes.

You will amaze all you meet
And spread joy when you leave.
Just know you are forever in my thoughts
And my heart is your home. 



No comments:

Post a Comment